The next drug I am taking is Taxotere so I went back and looked at the information sheet they gave me in the office. I am a bit nervous but everyone I talk to says this one is so much easier than the first two drugs which are “really bad” in comparison. The list of side effects (listed below) are pretty much the same except for the last five…those are new. So think good thoughts for me not to have those last five. I’ll let you know!
Here are some of the interesting points about this drug….
Docetaxel injection is used alone or in combination with other medications to treat certain types of breast, lung, prostate, stomach, and head and neck cancers. Docetaxel injection is in a class of medications called taxanes. It works by stopping the growth and spread of cancer cells.
And as to side effects:
- changes in taste
- extreme tiredness
- muscle, joint, or bone pain
- hair loss
- nail changes
- increased eye tearing
- sores in the mouth and throat
- redness, dryness, or swelling at the site where the medication was injected or
- blistering skin
- numbness, tingling, or burning sensation in the hands or feet
- weakness in the hands and feet
- unusual bleeding or bruising
Let the fun begin.